We are recruiting. Join us!

 Would you like to be part of ISAB? We are looking for international and domestic students to be part of the International Student Advisory Board. Undergraduate students receive 2 independent study units per quarter and graduate students can use their gained experience as part of their CV or resume. 

Undergraduate students, you can use this link to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZUA0JFSFoT9IOUanMOp0gV23X--FirAViasQGhqqQHw/edit

Graduate students, you can use this link to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/1k4fzEw_8zzFz2FLQnXOvUdbi00VIfwClq8guhBwTIAs/edit?usp=drive_web


Here’s what Board members have to say about being part of ISAB!


Andy: My favorite part about ISAB has to be the amazing peer network! I made lots of long-lasting and inspiring connections with other ISAB members who are all passionate student leaders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures! 


Beatriz: Working at ISAB has been life-changing. I’ve become friends with some of the most dedicated, hard-working and intelligent people on campus, and have had the opportunity to do research that can bring change to our international community! 


Daniele: ISAB has allowed me to meet people from different cultures from mine. It is truly a unique experience to be able to share our cultures with one another and learn about the similarities and differences. The 2 units per quarter also helps me reach my unit goal, which is nice.


Erika: ISAB has been my family in the US. We do our best to advocate for international students during our meetings, then we would hang out after and be there for each other like best friends. Since establishment, ISAB has come so far and has contributed so much to our campus. When you join, you are guaranteed accomplishments that are so impactful! 


Holly: ISAB offers me a chance to step out of my comfort zone as only focusing on academic achievement and renders me an opportunity to learn how to collaborate, organize, and respect fantastic students within the international community. Don’t forget it counts as Honors Experience! 


Paola: As an international student myself, I acknowledge that moving to another country can be very challenging. However, knowing that I can help and advocate for international students and make them feel welcome gives me so much joy. Indeed, one of things that I love the most about being an international advisory board member (ISAB) is the opportunity to do research and understand what can be improved to enhance international experience at UCSB. I have been a member of ISAB since winter 2021 and I have learned so much with this experience. #Gogauchos #InternationalVistas #InternationalstudentatUCSB 


Yanitsa: As the graduate student at ISAB I have learned so much about international education and the perspective of international undergraduate students at UCSB. I have been able to help the board with an annual research project and share my expertise in qualitative methods. As a non-paid position, I have the flexibility to engage more or less with some of the board projects, depending on my schedule. I never thought I was going to enjoy being part of this board that much, but it really is an amazing space to create a meaningful international community. 


Comments

Popular Posts