Me Always Trying New Things

Maybe because of how I have always been moving around the world and experiencing different cultures, I am always excited to lea
rn about new things. I love trying new things. The uncertainty of trying new things and ending up enjoying them is my most enjoyable moment in life. 

When I first came to the states at an age of 15, I was naive, nervous, excited and miserable. Although I had complex emotions and uncertainty about a whole new culture, I was excited and ready to adapt to a new environment. I want to enjoy the time I spend here. A lot of time I find myself not knowing how time passes by so quickly and wasting opportunities to observe the surroundings and interact with local people. Accordingly, I have consistently tried new things that I have never experienced before.

Recently, I finally had the opportunity to try surfing at campus point beach. I love how I create more memorable moments here. Before I got to know surfing, I had no idea how it works. I thought it was an easy sport if you know how to swim; however, it’s more about how you interpret and catch the wave. This new sport has taught me many lessons. You have to keep trying, trying and trying until you feel the power of the wave and know how waves come at you. You have to experience countless failures until you catch a wave and stand up on the board. It’s an inspiring sport that reminds me of perseverance and resistance in life. I have been surfing three times now. It’s just the beginning. Although the water is always extremely cold and I have been consistently thrown off by waves, I enjoy getting to know surfing. I keep trying and never give up. I can’t wait for that day of success when I can stand up on the board and catch a wave myself. 

While you learn new experiences, you always learn more about yourself and develop self-growth. I encourage you to also try something new each year. Most of the time, you will get surprises and new fun experiences.

Campus Point Beach



Comments

Popular Posts